This is a project I will be working on over the next few weeks/months depending on how long it takes. It will be a place holder for links, commands, and tips that I may find useful along the way. At the end I will come back and format to provide better readability and establish a time line, steps taken, and problems that I ran into. Current steps are on hold waiting on hardware and approvals. To Give a basic overview of my end goal: I need an WDS/MDT setup that will provide quick and fresh deployments for multiple different clients.
Difficulties that have already been identified are that each client has a separate domain that isn’t available during deployment unless by vpn (script vpn connect and domain join?). We have also discussed that there are quite a wide variety of makes and models which we should be able to tackle with proper customsettings.ini as well as decent task sequences with a fail safe of a task sequence of very basic network drivers to push a base image. Then of course different program needs for each client which will be part of the task sequence with scripted quite installs.
- Determine Baseline installs for all clients
- Fresh server setup with WDS/MDT
- VM with gold image and base installs/patches
- Identify the different needs each client has
- Task sequence for each client
- Custom batch/powershell scripts to install needed programs or settings
- Script VPN connect and Domain join
Branding & Cuztomisation